Are you ready to ask for what you want? Ask your health care professional if GILENYA is right for you
OK, you've done your homework, weighed your options, and you're thinking that GILENYA® could be the right move for you. Now it's time to talk to your health care professional about why.
Asking the right questions is a great way for you and your health care professional to make sure that GILENYA is the right relapsing multiple sclerosis (MS) treatment for you. Knowing the answers is also a great way to organize your thoughts before you go. We've put together a list of suggestions as a place to start, but feel free to add some of your own questions into the mix.
- Compared to the last time you visited your health care professional, your relapsing MS symptoms have:
- stayed the same
- gotten worse
- Have you experienced any of the following relapsing MS symptoms since your last visit?
- Feeling dizzy or losing your balance
- Problems with vision
- Numbness, tingling, or pain
- Muscle weakness
- Difficulty speaking
- Trouble walking
- Feeling tired or fatigued
- Finding it hard to concentrate or remember things
- How many MS relapses have you had
in the last year?
- One or more
- I have felt some symptoms, but I'm not sure if I'd call it a relapse
- Have you experienced any injection-site reactions from your current therapy?
- What do you wish you could change about your current relapsing MS treatment?
- What are your reasons for wanting to take GILENYA?
QUESTIONS FOR YOUR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL
- Do you think I'm a good candidate for treatment with GILENYA?
- How effective is GILENYA? What is the effect on relapses? On disability progression? On lesions as seen on MRI?
- How has your experience been prescribing GILENYA for other people?
- How many times a day would I take GILENYA?
- How do I get started?
If you'd like a printer-friendly version to take along with you, click here. While you're at it, why not print out the GILENYA Start Form as well?